Job Description & Responsibilities
Our Lady of Corpus Christi is seeking a sales clerk for the Café Veritas & OLCC Bookstore. This position is responsible for performing sales, customer assistance, processing of merchandise and clerical duties in the bookstore and coffee shop, including making coffee and other menu item drinks. He/she will be expected to demonstrate positive, friendly and courteous customer service, as well as be able to demonstrate a commitment to our OLCC Mission Statement and Goals
Bookstore/Café Veritas Support Operations:
- Assure an efficient and profitable operation of and Our Lady of Corpus Christi Bookstore and Café Veritas.
- Provide customers with excellent, quality products and fast, friendly service.
- He/she will manage the training of employees and volunteers and be expected to have significant product knowledge and demonstrate positive, friendly and courteous customer service, as well as be able to demonstrate a commitment to our OLCC Mission Statement and Goals.
- Assist customers with purchases.
- Answer phones.
- Price and shelve books and other merchandise.
- Sell books and other merchandise, collect, process, and/or disburse cash, checks, credit card charges as assigned.
- Prepare displays of merchandise and assist with relocation of stock when needed.
- Respond to or direct telephone and walk-in inquiries as appropriate, and provide information concerning stock availability and other bookstore activities to employees and manager.
- Assist with physical inventories on a periodic basis.
- Perform routine closing procedure; counting cash drawer, shutting down computer system and cash registers.
- Open or close the bookstore and/or coffee shop in accordance with detailed procedures.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe and efficient manner and with minimal supervision.
- Periodically clean retail fixtures to assure professional image of bookstore.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Follow all drink recipes and procedures.
- Consistently maintain the highest quality product standards.
- Taste drink and food products on a regular basis for quality assurance.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise and equipment
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Obtain and keep current Food Handler Certification, and Diocesan Work Certification.
- Must be able to type, learn and use Café and Bookstore POS system and Microsoft Office programs.
- Proficient on a computer; familiar with (or able to learn) software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
- Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions.
- Working knowledge of bookstore sales procedures and practices.
- Ability to follow directions read or copy information correctly.
- Ability to perform basic mathematic calculations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to operate bookstore equipment.
- A working knowledge of the procedures and practices used in registering and handling cash receipts.
- Ability to handle money responsibly.
- Familiarity with the inventory process.
- Ability to adjust working hours to include evenings and/or weekends.
- Ability to demonstrate safe work habits and safe use of equipment.
All interested candidates may download an
- Submit to an employment and criminal background and drug screening.
- Certified in Safe Environment training provided by the Office for Safe Environment and Child & Family Resources.
employment application and contact: