Our Congregation as the Missionaries of Christ's Charity is a Religious Family of Sai Gon Diocese Viet Nam, with perpetual, public vows of charity, poverty, obedience and whole hearted and free service to the poor.
The Spirit of the Missionaries of Christ's Charity is one of total surrender, loving trust and cheerfulness, as lived by Jesus and Mary in the Gospel.
To quench the infinite thirst of Jesus Christ on the Cross for love of souls by the profession of the Evangelical counsels and whole-hearted and free service to the poorest of the poor according to the Constitutions.
Our particular mission is to labour at the salvation and sanctification of the poorest of the poor not only in the slums but also all over the world wherever they may be. We do this by:
- living the love of God in prayer and action in a life marked by the simplicity and humility of the Gospel;
- loving Jesus under the appearance of Bread;
- loving and serving Him in the distressing disguise of the poorest of the poor, both materially and spiritually recognizing in likeness of God;
- nursing the sick and the dying destitude;
- gathering and teaching little street children and orphans;
- giving shelter to the abandoned elderly and homeless;
- Mother' Love Home for pregnant teenagers;
- going out to the spiritually poorest of the poor to proclaim the Word of God by our presence and spiritually works of mercy; and
- Adoration of Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament.
Sister Mary Anna Han Nguyen, MCC
Sister Mary Ann Hiep Truong, MCC
Sister Mary Teresa Kieu Nguyen, MCC
Sister Mary Lucie Le Tran , MCC
Sister Mary Joseph Suong Dao, MCC
Sister Mary Gabriel Hoan Tran, MCC
St. Francis of Assisi Community
6333 N. Washam
Corpus Christi, TX 78414