Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi, Inc. is seeking a full-time housekeeper.
This position must provide a clean, sanitary, and comfortable environment; orderly surroundings for employees, visitors, and clients. The housekeeper promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odors. She/he may be required to perform tasks, which involve exposure to odors, including germs. The housekeeper must follow the required instructions, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects and or materials from the various offices, kitchen, and restrooms. The position includes health care insurance and 403(b) retirement benefits. As needed, the housekeeper will assists in the reception area answering the telephone, greeting and directing clients/visitors to the various departments. Furthermore, the position will require assisting in the Emergency Aid-Food Pantry with the distribution of food to clients. The position also includes other duties as assigned.
Housekeeper is responsible for the cleaning of all Catholic Charities offices, kitchen, and restrooms.
- Vacuum carpets, sweep, and mop floors.
- Empty trash containers and replace trash bags.
- Dust, and polish furniture.
- Clean windows/window sills, and blinds.
- Clean kitchen, appliances, and wash dishes.
- Check entire area for spills, water, etc. periodically, especially in areas were clients and visitors gather
- Purchase cleaning supplies as needed
- Other Duties as Assigned
This position demands good physical health. The housekeeper will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull, and work a flexible schedule; must be able to move continuously during work hours and able to lift and/or carry 25 – 30 pounds.
- Plan and manage work schedule for major tasks.
- Must own a vehicle, have a valid driver’s license, and good driver’s record.
- Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums, polishers, buffers, etc.
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning, and replacement of equipment and cleaning materials. Empty trash containers daily.
- Requires working in dusty, damp/wet, and dirty areas.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
- Dust and clean furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc. Clean windows as scheduled.
- Wet mop floors in all bathrooms daily. Damp mop all corridor floors, lobby, and kitchen/dining areas daily.
- Clean/wash basins, mirrors, commodes, in all offices and public restroom facilities.
- Check entire area for spills, water, etc. periodically, especially in areas were clients and visitors gather.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents. Follow instructions on use of germicidal solutions to clean.
- Use safety precautions in all housekeeping jobs, must use disposable gloves when in need.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to Maintenance Staff or supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken windows, lights, chairs, tables, etc.).
- Provide assistance in the Food Pantry with the operations/distribution of food.
- Able to assists answering telephones, provide basic information and directing clients/visitors.
- Submit to an employment and criminal background and drug screening.
- Certified in Safe Environment training provided by the Diocesan Office for Safe Environment and Child & Family Resources.
- Adhere to the policies, procedures, and guidelines of Catholic Charities and the Diocese of Corpus Christi.
Please submit applications at Catholic Charities of Corpus Christi, Inc. located at
615 Oliver Court, Corpus Christi.