The Diocese of Corpus Christi is seeking a full-time Diocesan Courier with light maintenance and custodial duties.
Pick up and carry messages, documents, packages, and other items for the Diocese of Corpus Christi. Perform light maintenance and custodial duties as assigned.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Pick up mail from Post Office
- Sort incoming mail in mailboxes
- Daily routes to various locations as directed
- Plan and follow the most efficient routes for deliveries
- Unload and sort interoffice mail and items collected along delivery routes
- Delivery of South Texas Catholic Newspapers monthly to designated areas
- Post out-going mail
- Daily bank deposits
- Receptionist back-up
- Performs routine maintenance on delivery diocesan vehicle
- Maintain vehicle log
- Empty trash from accessible offices and areas daily before 8:30 a.m.
- Replace light bulbs as needed
- Restock coffee bar (dining room) daily or as needed
- Maintain storage room and stock items upon delivery
- Maintaining the cleaning of the dining room/kitchen and other areas of the building as needed
- Sweep and check for any trash the stairs of the Chancery main entrance as needed
- Restock paper towel holders, soap bottles and toilet tissue in restrooms as needed
- Any other tasks as directed by supervisor
Applicant must meet diocesan requirements: criminal background check, drug screening, MVR check and certified in Creating and Maintaining a Safe Environment. Must be in good physical health and must be able to lift 50 lbs. + on a regular basis and must be able to work independently. Applicant will be trained on switchboard etiquette, postage machine and all other tasks required.
All interested candidates may download an employment application from the website or send a resume:
Diocese of Corpus Christi
c/o Diana Sanchez,
Post Office Box 2620,
Corpus Christi, TX 78403-2620