The Centennial Jubilee of our Diocese provides a unique opportunity of renewal and hope for all of us. After a feasibility study this past summer, which reached to all pastors of our Diocese, and key religious and laity; and further discussion of the study’s findings with a Priest Advisory Committee, we have identified the most pressing needs and most promising opportunities facing our Diocese today. All of us – together – can provide our Diocese a new century of hope ensuring that our future generations – just like us today – can continue to build on a strong legacy of faith – a vibrant future of hope.
Therefore after much prayer, consultation, and unanimous support from the Presbyteral Council, Bishop Wm. Michael Mulvey is announcing for the first time in the history of our Diocese, a diocesan-wide capital and endowment campaign entitled: Legacy of Faith ~ Future of Hope.
Through Legacy of Faith ~ Future of Hope, we will meet the spiritual and material demands of today while preparing our Church for the opportunities of the future. Legacy of Faith ~ Future of Hope seeks to raise the minimum need of $18.5 million over the next five years for the following strategic priorities:
1. Care for retired clergy:
2. Provide direct financial support to parishes;
3. Invest in our young adults by strengthening our Campus Ministry and reach out to our Young Adults at:
- Texas A&M in Kingsvile;
- Texas A&M in Corpus Christi; &
- Coastal Bend College in Beeville.
4. Increase the access to Catholic education in the Catholic schools of our Diocese, as well as to increase the support for the education of seminarians; &
5. Provide ministry support to brothers and sisters in need by extending the reach of Catholic Charities to outlying areas of our Diocese.
See our Projects page to learn more about each initiative.