The following principals will serve on the newly formed Superintendent of Catholic Schools Advisory Council for the Diocese of Corpus Christi:
Mary Sandoval Alice
Evelyn Burton Corpus Christi Central
Raul Ramon Corpus Christi Southside
Maria Elena Zavala Corpus Christi Westside
Kathy Barnes Refugio
Purpose and Goals
- To provide wise counsel, ideas, issues, challenges and information to the superintendent of Catholic schools, to improve our Catholic schools.
- To present and provide CREATIVE and out-of-the box thinking and ideas to resolve or attend to issues and concerns to strengthen our schools.
- To complete important projects in collaboration with the superintendent of Catholic schools to enrich our schools.
- To evaluate and assess programs or platforms for implementation and assist with implementation to advance our schools forward.
- To provide open, ongoing and transparent communication to principals, pastors and school advisory groups in each Deanery for clear communication.
- To plan professional development programs for faculty and staff in deanery formats to improve teaching and learning in our schools.
- To create collaborative opportunities and programs in and across Deaneries for ongoing exchange.
Meeting Dates and Location (light breakfast served)
All meetings will be held at the Office of Catholic Schools conference room beginning at 9 a.m. on the following dates:
Thursday, Jan. 21
Wednesday, Feb. 24
Tuesday, April 12
Tuesday, May 17
40-50 percent of the council will rotate effective fall 2016-17. The remaining will serve until fall of 2017-18.