Dear Parents and Community Members,
“Catholic schools are national treasures and they must be preserved” (Margaret Spellings, former United States Secretary of Education). I am committed to preserving and advancing these treasures. Our Catholic schools in the Diocese of Corpus Christi are models of excellence where students achieve exemplary performance in academics, the arts and athletics. Within a faith-based culture children and students prepare for success in life. An investment in Catholic education returns dividends for eternity.
Distinguishing characteristics of our Catholic schools include:
- Strong Catholic identity where Gospel messages permeate the curriculum and where enduring moral values and a faith community imbue the school culture
- Scholastic rigor and academic excellence in all subject areas including science, math, technology, theology/religion and the arts
- Challenging project based and problem solving curricular platforms where students excel with analysis and creative thinking while critically studying and evaluating the world in which they live
- A rich array of extra-curricular and sport activities to develop the talents and gifts of our youth within a framework of cooperation and competition
- Leads students to embrace life-long learning and to commit themselves to a life of service to others and committed to social justice
- A welcoming, safe, caring, and nurturing environment where diversity is recognized and celebrated and where youth can develop their God-given gifts
- Develops the whole student—spiritually, intellectually, morally, socially and physically in partnership with parents who are the first educators
- Program development for underserved populations, for students with special needs and for students requiring advanced coursework
- The history, tradition, and charism of the schools’ founders are alive and present
- A highly effective institutional advancement/development program that enables the school to remain open, accessible, affordable, viable and vibrant
- Highly qualified and exemplary teachers and administrators who are passionate about Catholic education and who willing to share their faith journey
- Quality professional learning/development for teachers and principals remain a priority because of its direct impact on student learning
- Strong instructional and spiritual leaders who focus on continued school improvement and model to Teach as Jesus Did
- Best practices are integrated, collegial and professional learning teams exist and where assessment practices inform instruction
- Governance structures are student focused and goal oriented
- Priority is placed on strategic planning for the future
- Successful in forging partnerships with the broader community to generate support for the long term growth of the school and to provide service outreach
- Calls our students to the conviction that people are more important than material gain, that justice is more important than success, that love is more important than esteem and that collaboration unites while competition divides.
If we do our job well, then all will know that our Catholic schools are exemplary institutions and vibrant faith communities. Most importantly, all will know that our schools are TREASURES where students will become beacons of hope, architects of peace and ambassadors for Christ.
Please visit our Catholic schools located in Corpus Christi, Alice, Kingsville, Robstown and Rockport. Enroll your child for the Education of a Lifetime. LET THEM SHINE.
Yours in Catholic Education,
Dr. Rosemary J. Henry
Superintendent of Catholic Schools